This is a guide to get you on the ice as a new level 1 official.
Once all of these steps are complete you will get a card and crest in the mail.
1. Register as an official with USA Hockey - https://membership.usahockey.com/
Note: Your officials number doesn't contain any letters and will come in an email with the subject "USA Hockey Officiating Information".
2a. Create a child’s profile if the official is under 18 - https://vimeo.com/227968764/d0d09556c7
3. Register and Attend a seminar - Registration is through the Course Portal Above
4. Complete your open book exam through the courses portal
5. Complete SafeSport if your birth year is 2004 or earlier - https://www.usahockey.com/safesportprogram
6. Complete a background check if you are 18 or older on June 1, 2021 - https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen
7. If you live or work in PA you must comply with PA Act 15 - https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/353d-2368308/PA_Clearances_for_USA_Hockey_7.21.pdf#_ga=2.240236547.1295502414.1627057115-1544600470.1622559281
1. Register for an assigning system – Directions are at the links below
-PA/DE/Southern NJ – HorizonWebRef - https://www.aahaofficials.com/horizon
NJ – GameOfficials.net - https://www.aahaofficials.com/gameofficials
2. Set your availability (when you are able to work games) and your rink preferences (where you are willing to work). It is important to keep this information up to date.
3. Contact your local assignor by email or phone (THIS MUST BE DONE BY THE OFFICIAL NOT A PARENT)
The assignors are listed at https://www.aahaofficials.com/assignors