Use the pdf document below to access a step by step guide on what to do after registering as a new Level 1 official
USA Hockey Officiating Seminars
TWO SEMINARS ADDED
Earn While You Learn! – officiating is a great way to earn money and serve the community while you are a student.
We will be conducting two final Level 1 and Level 2 officiating seminars in the Atlantic District in December. These will be the last two seminars for the season.
Both seminars will be a hybrid format with a Zoom classroom session and then an in person on-ice component. Both sessions are mandatory to get credit for completing your seminar attendance.
New Jersey Seminar
For more information, go to: Level 1 Now What (aahaofficials.com)
The minimum age to officiating in the AAHA is 14, please click here for our policy:
USA Hockey Registration Information (aahaofficials.com)
Please reach out to Bob Fyrer, AAHA Seminar Coordinator, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a guide to get you on the ice as a new level 1 official.
Once all of these steps are complete you will get a card and crest in the mail.
1. Register as an official with USA Hockey - https://membership.usahockey.com/
2. Create a http://courses.usahockey.com profile - Video Introduction - https://vimeo.com/222396595/817867524d
Note: Your officials number doesn't contain any letters and will come in an email with the subject "USA Hockey Officiating Information".
2a. Create a child’s profile if the official is under 18 - https://vimeo.com/227968764/d0d09556c7
3. Register and Attend a seminar - Registration is through the Course Portal http://courses.usahockey.com - Click on USA Hockey Courses at the top of the page after logging in.
4. Complete your open book exam through the courses portal
5. Complete SafeSport if your birth year is 2005 or earlier - https://www.usahockey.com/safesportprogram
6. Complete a background check if you are 18 or older on June 1, 2022 - https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen
7. If you live or work in PA you must comply with PA Act 15 - https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/353d-2368308/PA_Clearances_for_USA_Hockey_7.21.pdf#_ga=2.240236547.1295502414.1627057115-1544600470.1622559281
1. Register for an assigning system – Directions are at the links below
-PA/DE/Southern NJ – HorizonWebRef - https://www.aahaofficials.com/horizon
NJ – GameOfficials.net - https://www.aahaofficials.com/gameofficials
2. Set your availability (when you are able to work games) and your rink preferences (where you are willing to work). It is important to keep this information up to date.
3. Contact your local assignor by email or phone (THIS MUST BE DONE BY THE OFFICIAL NOT A PARENT)
The assignors are listed at https://www.aahaofficials.com/assignors